8.22.2007

The Evolution of Sisterhood

I hate her.
I hate that it's ok for her not to be perfect.
I hate that she is not normal.
I hate that she is not under pressure to be successful.
I hate that she is dumb.
I hate that I can't talk to her like I talk to my friends.
I hate that I have to explain everything to her.
I hate that everyone thinks she is so funny.
I hate that everyone asks how she is doing.
I hate that everyone knows her name.
I hate that she is a miracle.
I hate that I am her best friend.
I hate that her circumstances are a part of who I've become.
I hate that she makes minimum wage.
I hate that she is lonely.
I hate that she isn't seen as normal.
I hate that I have to stick up for her.
I hate that she has scars. and some you can't see.
I hate that her smile melts me.
I hate that I am known in relation to her.
I hate that I have to be smart for her.
I hate that I have to be strong for her.
I hate me without her.
I love her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

i don't know how to respond.

except to say that few people know this about you and i think it is really something important about who you are.
and i am glad you wrote it for us to get to know.

i hate that she makes minimum wage too. i really really hate that. and i really really love you.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home