12.12.2007

these are a few of my favorite things

about Christmas...

1. twinkle lights
2. cousin Lauren reading the nativity story on Christmas Eve (Luke's account)
3. My sister and I wearing matching pajamas on Christmas morning. (even now as adults)
4. Lenox holly china pattern
5. getting out in the Christmas shopping rush just to watch the hustle and bustle.
6. Living in the south and still secretly wishing for a white Christmas.
7. The poinsettia tree at Opryland Hotel
8. opening presents real slow one person at a time so it lasts all day.
9. Christmas brunch (grits, sausage pinwheels, chocolate milk-a once a year thing)
10. leaving the price tags on the presents so everyone would know what a good deal you got.
11. never having to lie about liking something because you where blessed with a mother who has excellent taste.
12. Making and enjoying fruitcake.
13. Christmas Carols-with exception of the "Little Drummer Boy". This is the only genre of music where I know almost all of the correct words. I am horrible at memorizing lyrics.
14. My mother asking me sincerely every Christmas if I believed in" Santi" Clause. And my most sincere reply, "yes, mother."
15. Taking the long way home from an errand with my dad to see the twinkle lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home