11.01.2006

nursing home carmel

I was thinking about my childhood halloweens on the way home from work yesterday. I was thinking about all of the candy that I would bring home and how kids really don't need that much sugar in their life. (especially six month olds that eat twizlers.)

Then I relized that I brought home a lot of candy but I never consumed it.

You see my mother is a clever woman. She would let me pick out 10 pieces of candy for myself and then I had to give away the rest to the church ladies at the nursing home. Then I really got thinking. Old church ladies with dentures can't chew carmel. What really became of all of that sugar? Did she eat it herself durring the afternoon soaps? Surrley she didn't throw it away. Of course there is always the option of saving it for the next year's trick or treaters.

I hope not.

1 Comments:

Blogger fabricsnob said...

my mom used to steal some of the chocolate bits while I was at school. shhh. Don't tell her I know about it.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home